Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could this be the Buccaneers new jersey?
Could this be the Buccaneers new jersey?
Interesting, to say the least.
By Gil Arcia@GilArciaBUCS  Feb 13, 2020, 9:00am EST

Share this story
[img=741x0]https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ZdCrJW2bp-Eob-zgrbfn0Oi49S8=/0x0:6783x4522/1200x800/filters:focal(2198x1635:3282x2719)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/66306283/1174617733.jpg.0.jpg[/img]Photo by Julio Aguilar/Getty Images
Leave it to Bucs fans on Twitter to continue to dig for clues on the potential new look for the team. And if the screenshot below is any indication of what’s to come, I suspect there will be a lot of disappointed folks.

Quote:[Image: updSfdne_normal.jpg]
[/url]Ashley@ashley_w96

Wait...this is from SMB's video recently posted...plz tell me this isn't the new uniform. Look at the shoulders they look more silver than pewter and the white numbers outlined in orange??? [Image: 1f974.png]
[Image: EQnrVKbWAAABP3a?format=jpg&name=medium]

7:47 PM - Feb 12, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

18 people are talking about this

[url=https://twitter.com/ashley_w96/status/1227771125368786944]

Buccaneers cornerback Sean Murphy-Bunting presented the jersey to his big fan, Jaydon, back in his home state of Michigan and you can see it’s different than their current away jersey which features red numbers with pewter lining the outer most part of the font.
This is what looks to be an almost white font with red directly lining the number while orange (or creamsicle) lines the outer most part. Also of note, the different colored shoulders remain, however, it does not look like the pewter of old as the poster points out.
You can’t even get this customized anywhere. I’ve tried. I’ve even reached out for info from folks in the know of NFL merchandising and while no details were given on if this is in fact the new look, I was told you can’t even customize the number font or color of any jersey through any official NFL reseller.
Going back to my thoughts on the number color for a sec. The reason why I say “almost white” is because it looks like the light-silverish tone of a reflective “white” which would allow for the team to use said color on a white jersey.
All this is speculation and just some thoughts. But unless SMB can hook this kid up with his own personalized jersey (which is possible since he is an NFLer anyways), then you may be staring at the new look for the Bucs which falls in line with what the NFL would allow as an alteration for this season as I reported Wednesday — validating this wasn’t going to be an overhaul.
One last thing, if (and of course this is a big “if”) this is what the team has been working on, it could mean a white helmet is coming with it. And if so, this new get-up would be a thing of beauty.

MORE FROM BUCS NATION